[aprssig] APRS Buoy Project

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 10:53:28 EDT 2008

I have several deer camera's here on the farm and I got to agree, Lantern
battery's are HORRIBLE! I have got to modify one for a rechargeable battery
with a solar pannel because I refuse to put it out anymore. Duracell lantern
batteries are the only ones that are SOMEWHAT worthwhile and are difficult
to find, the common Wallmart or Lowes RayOVac batteries may give me 2 weeks
on my digital camera while a Duracell will give me 1 month.

I have a few IR Camera's with large IR LED bays that take photos and video
(higher current drain)and with Duracell "D" cells I have been seeing 6 or so
months during the dead of winter and the high's of summer and I average
about 300 or so photos a month.

I don't know why lanterns are so poor but by all means I would go with D's
instead.