[aprssig] TM-D710 APRS symbol (also posted on theyahooV71/D710group)[SOLVED]

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Jul 16 15:12:47 EDT 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> So, you are saying that UI-View will not display an overlay "S"
> on a DIGI symbol when such symbol is transmitted from a Mic-E
> device (TM-D710).  That seems unusual.  I wonder if there are
> any other symbol combinations that have a problem in UI-View?

So Kai LA3QMA said. However, I wouldn't think it would be a "huge"
problem. There are thousands of UI-View users and what... a few hundred
D710 users? And how many of them are beaconing in MIC-E with the #S
symbol? Perhaps Kenwood will do a future upgrade to support BASE-91.
I don't have a D710, but I suppose I or someone else could try a TT3 in
MIC-E to see if we get the same results as Kai.

Kai - what symbol did it display in UI-View... or did it just not show
at all?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH