[aprssig] RFID antennas

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 19:59:17 EDT 2008

I wish I had, direct, first hand knowledge, but...

A friend was working at a tag company who saw a demo, about 3 years back, that was intended to meet a Wal-Mart requirement for tagging all their shipments.  It used a few Watts, IIR 20, and worked over about 30 ft.  The tags were passive and supposed to be "Printable".  Don't know if it was plausible or smoke & mirrors.  As an RF Engineer, it sounded more smoke than plaus.

Don't think uP, think fully custom - at these quantities.

There are ones that do use batteries.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI