[aprssig] TM-D710 APRS symbol (also posted on the yahoo V71/D710group)

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Sun Jul 13 13:46:12 EDT 2008

Robert Bruninga skrev:
>> This is my 710 at home when using #S
>> LA3QMA>VPRQTL,WIDE2-2,qAo,LA3QMA-1,TCPIP:'{-+l
#S]144.675MHz=

> That looks correct.  The #S is in the correct place.  But the
> blank space there implies to me that there could be a
> non-printable control character in that place, and so then the
> TNC that receives this packet might be missing that byte and
> maybe then not picking up the #S in the right location...?
>
> Good luck.
> Bob, WB4aPR

'{-+l
#S]145.500MHz=

Ahh sorry the "box" is character "FS" or hex 1C or desimal 29.
Shows as a symbol in ui-views packet monitor using the TNC on an TM-D700
When the packet is been digipeated by TNX-X with XDigi this symbol 0x1C
is correct.

Using hyperterminal to see what my TM-D710 is actually sending out it
shows the identical packet.

And this is the same symbol sendt if i'm using the Kenwood symbol but
then the packet is changing the #S to an K\

And the symbol is been displayed on the correct place in the map.
So then iæm not sure where the problem is.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA