[aprssig] PIC processor for APRS info for D-STAR mobiles?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jul 8 11:04:24 EDT 2008

Pete, this is what I meant by 'deliberately obtuse.'  Your response to
most questions has been to refer everyone to other posts or papers that
we've already read and clearly not completely understood - or to offer
to discuss it off-list.  That's why I'm asking for some patience from
you in helping us all understand.

There are clearly a lot of people here (myself included) that don't have
an opportunity to use D-STAR, and don't know a lot about how it works.
Most D-STAR users do NOT have intimate knowledge of how the data
sub-channel works and how it might be applied, and I for one don't want
to join a D-STAR group and sort through all of the misinformation to try
to figure out if D-STAR is even something I want to mess with.  So
again, if you want APRS users to seriously consider D-PRS, have a little
patience and help us understand its capabilities and limitations.

Scott
N1VG