[aprssig] APRS Frequency info?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 5 18:07:39 EDT 2008

I looked at Bob's web page with a Gateway widescreen
laptop and just had to wiggle the display back and
forth a little to get a good look at the pictures.  We
are just all amateurs and produce what we can for
others to see and use.  I am glad Bob did what he did.

Chris
KB8UIH

--- "Stephen H. Smith" <wa8lmf2 at aol.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> My webpage with the review of the Garmin Foretrex
> 201 wrist GPS shows
> what can be done to tweak images of small LCD
> screens (the Foretrex
> screen is only a little larger than the TH-D7s):
>
>      <http://wa8lmf.net/Foretrex>      (None of  the
> images linked from
> this page are larger than 38K.)
>

> > I would welcome any better photo contributions.
> The ECHOLINK
> > and IRLP photos on the D7 need to be re-shot since
> I left out
> > the FREQUENCY on the second line....  Kinda silly,
> since that
> > was the whole point.  And I only just noticed that
> tonight!
> >

> >> A template with the exact format of this kind of
> frequency
> >> object, along with a couple of example strings,
> needs to be
> >> the FIRST item on the page.
> >>

> > I take your suggestions and cleaned up the
> presentation a
> > little... But still, the formats come after intro
> and
> > background, since that is the main point of this
> page to APRS
> > and non-APRS users alike.  We need to get out the
> word that the
> > concept of operating frequency is as equally an
> important
> > parameter about any station at least as important
> as his LAT and
> > LONG.
> >
> > After all, we have radios to commnicate.  And we
> have to know
> > frequency to do that... Not just put little icons
> on FINDU.
> >

> This has nothing to do with effectively using page
> layout and
> typography to make the page readable, and the
> critical information
> easily findable.
>

> I think you need a WYSIWYG HTML editor rather than a
> simple ASCII text
> editor so that you can more easily control page
> layouts with multiple
> columns,  multiple fonts, etc.    A  very nice basic
>  FREEWARE  HTML
> editor is available at:
>
>      <http://www.nvu.com/>
>
> This is NOT a bloated "Web 2.0" app for creating
> pages massively loaded
> with Flash Animation, video clips, Javascript
> popups, cascading style
> sheets, etc.   It is a small and fast open-source
> app for Windows, Mac
> and Linux that runs on modest hardware.   It can
> toggle between an edit
> page that resembles MS Word, a traditional HTML code
> view, and a browser
> preview mode as you edit.
>
> Think of it as a FREE diet-sized version of MS
> Frontpage.  Like
> Frontpage, it also includes a "site manager" feature
> that lets you see
> the connections between pages of the site, and an
> integrated FTP client
> for uploading to the server.    It is ideal for the

text-oriented-but-with-some-formatting-and-a-few-images
>  pages needed

=== message truncated ===>