[aprssig] Where is the D710 UNPROTO parameter...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jul 5 13:10:40 EDT 2008

> SO...  Do I correctly understand that the D710
> UNPROTO parameter is _not_ a parameter that you
> can view and change in a menu  {like the D7
> MENU 2-E ;  or D700 MENU 3-E }  ?
>  ___Yes    ___No

I assume it can be changed since that is the field where an APRS
"ALTNET" can be established.

> Not that I want change it.  I just want to know how this
> puppy works.  It can help to understand other things in the
> future, or explain to others.

Ill need to look in the menus.  I hope they have a mechanism in
the D710 so that if you set up an ALTNET using some other
parameter that the radio will still remember is APK102 and reuse
it after you are no longer using the ALTNET.

Bob, WB4APR

parameter...