[aprssig] D700 dP bug ?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 01:31:27 EDT 2008

> > I *was* changing the Position of the D7...
> > [but] the D700 ALWAYS said dP  !
>
> I suspected the same.  DP means it is a postion packet from
> a station that has already been heard.

  It could have said dH for Duplicate Ham (:-)

   So this is a known "Feature"  dP doesn't mean Duplicate Position, but rather Duplicate station heard with same or different position.

   Is it also shown as dP regardless of what else changes?

> Good eye!

Just trying to understand the beast(s) and how this all works, I try things.

> I hope in the next version of he D710, that there is an
> option for seeing every packet if desired.

   You mean in decoded format rather than PMON like the D700?

  I have another Q, but'll post under better Subj.
73, Steve