[aprssig] D700 dP bug ? Was:CQ Server operational question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 01:27:18 EDT 2008

Nice try, Bob, but NOPE!

Arrrrg!...  SORRY for trying to be too concise.

Error-fication:
 The part where I said: "when I should (30 min, or with a new location)"  was supposed to indicate that I AM aware of the 30 *minute* stationary-no-dup rule.  In other words, I *should* get "echos" after 30 minutes OR a change in location.  But, here I was clearly suffering from brain-full syndrome.
  I forgot about the digi 30 second rule, you mention (thanks for reminding me), but WASN'T using a Digi, so that doesn't matter either.

  This is only direct from D7 to D700 >>  D7 on Extra Low power & dummy load  and no antenna on the D700.  I can also see the D700 responding to the D7 packets directly.

More better improved clarifi-confusion:

Going DIRECT D7 to D700 - no Digi.  I *was* changing the Position of the D7 by switching between the three sub-menu settings (POS1, POS2, POS3) in the MY POSITION Menu. I did change the "*" to use different posits.   I was going 1.4 miles (1 second Lat/Lon) and about 49 miles (30 seconds of Lat/Lon).  With these changes in position, the D700 ALWAYS said dP  !

   As a check, I would then (after each posit change) look at the D700 direction/distance screen and it *did* show the distance changing.  SO...  the D700 sees the location change, but still shows dP on the main screen...arrrrgh!

Other setup & settings:
  D7 GPS UNIT menu set to "NOT USED".
  No GPS connected nor even in the room
  D7 POS AMBIGU "OFF".
  I think that is all that is relevant, I think.

Strange. NO??   [[the D700, not me]]

--
73, Steve, K9DCI

---  Robert Bruninga  points out the