[aprssig] Strange reports

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Thu Jul 3 12:27:27 EDT 2008

That looks like position ambiguity to me.  Digits of the position report are
removed to keep people from seeing the precise position of the station being
reported.  This is useful when you don't want someone to be able to see
exactly where your digipeater is on a hill so they can't come in an
vandalize it.  It's part of the APRS spec...

Greg
NV6G
OpenAPRS.Net