[aprssig] FindU and Blackberry

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Jul 1 14:54:03 EDT 2008

Rory Burke wrote:
> I'm using a Blackberry 8330 Curve with Verizon service.  When I access
> the FindU page, I get all the information one would normally find
> there except the maps.  Has anyone successfully gotten this to work?

Google Maps based applications don't work properly in many small
handheld devices because these devices typically don't have advanced
enough support for javascript (and/or html, css, etc). One way around
this when using Google Maps is to use the static API version for mobile
devices. The static version basically just outputs images, so if a given
browser can display png/jpeg/gif images, it works with the static API.

   Tapio