[aprssig] Preventing D700 & GPS Resets - Mobile

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 16:49:27 EST 2008

I have been running APRS mobile since 1993, in some fashion or another.

I've had 3 D700s since they first came out. I have two D710's now, since
they came out.

I TRY to NEVER start the car with them, or any of my other radios and toys
turned on.

I'm not perfect. In the last 15 years, I've probably started the car with
radios turned on 6-10 times..

Twice it made the D700 do strange things. Easy fix, just had to do a reset,
and reload the backup file from the Kenwood software on my laptop.

Once I started the car with my 706 turned on... Took a little longer to get
it working.

But, never burned anything up in any radios.

Not perfect. Glad I have not trashed anything yet...

Kent
KQ4KK