[aprssig] Has anyone else seen this?

Rory Burke rory at burke.ac
Wed Jan 30 10:41:35 EST 2008

I have a new D-710. The main unit firmware is version 1.11. The
display panel firmware is version 1.11. The firmware was factory
installed.

I have Beacon set to Manual.  I have TX Delay set to 200ms.

Here's what I'm seeing...

When I press the Beacon button the beacon is sent immediately with no
TXD, and the beacon is not able to be decoded (I suspect because it is
being truncated). If I immediately press the button again the beacon
is sent a second time with the proper TXD. I can press the Beacon
button as many times as I like and the proper TXD is imposed. If I
stop pressing the Beacon button and wait for several minutes, then
press it again the problem repeats itself. It is only the first beacon
after a period of inactivity that is truncated.

Anybody else seeing this?  Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks and 73 - Rory - K5MBH