[aprssig] getting gcc onto a computer

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at spamcop.net
Thu Jan 24 10:42:44 EST 2008

Congratulations, I think you'll love your new Macbook. I have 3! I
have found "Spaces"(like linux' workspaces) and VMWare to be a great
way to get all my favorite(and not so favorite MS) flavors of OSes and
apps running on one hardware platform. There is even a xastir/ VMWare
already installed and compiled with it's own OS on Xastir's site.

There is something to be said for compiling your own software. Soon
after OSX came out I was running Xastir natively under X11 with Curt's
help. On your OSX install discs are the Xcode Development tools you
need to compile your own software. If you look under "optional
installs" you should find the packages you need.

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY