[aprssig] RE: 6 meter APRS or meteorscater?

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:08:55 EST 2008

> > How about having a super short MIC-E packet
> > with no path for a "PING" packet to look for
> > minimal openings?   I can be generating those
> > on a regular basis by the end of the month.
>
> Yes, I hope for experimenting to get several of us generating 15
> seconds of continuous Mic-E short packets per minute (during our
> quadrant).  And see what we get.

What's a hard coded super short packet we can easily use now?  Something like:

WA7NWP>AP6MTR:>CN87ab

Following on what the propnet folks came up with, it might me useful
to invest the extra 7 bytes and include a one hop path.  There's a lot
to be said for a "digipeat" to catch a packet that might otherwise be
lost.

WA7NWP>AP6MTR,WIDE1-1:>CN87ab

> > To confirm, you are now thinking of 50.62 yes?
>
> That or 50.63.

I've never seen 50.63.   53.53 was the old propnet frequency.  50.62
is the national packet freq and what many of the 100 watt rigs were
pre-programmed to.

73
Bill - WA7NWP