[aprssig] info for TM-D710E in car

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 23 15:26:33 EST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Rick Green wrote:

>    The powerstream device seems totally overkill.  I'd go with a simple
> diode-blocking dual-battery isolator, and an APO3 between the second
> 'accessory' battery and the radio(s).

Good solution if you have the space to mount a second battery.

Would this work better:  A 2nd battery connected to the alternator
after the engine is running via a solenoid, with an APO3 between the
2nd battery and the radios?

The solenoid would have a delayed kick-in for the period when
starting the engine.  Have it kick in after stable charge voltage is
achieved.   Both batteries would get the full charge voltage that
way, no diode drop.