[aprssig] info for TM-D710E in car

Terry Palmer terrypalmer2 at compuserve.com
Tue Jan 22 05:20:45 EST 2008

The following device IS the solution to the problem stated by IK1AQI and IZ1CQY :

            http://www.aprsworld.com/apo3/

I use this on a car with 12 volt accessories powered up 24/7 and on a car with the ignition that powers up, then off, then on that above authors mentioned.

I leave the D700 turned on 24/7 and never have to use the hardware power-on button; the d700 automatically turns on when the dc voltage hits 14.1 and in the case of the car (Audi) that has accessories hot 24/7, I have the APO3 set to turn off D700 after 10 minutes.

You will love this device.

P.S. I do not work for the company; just a satisfied customer.

Terry K1LCH