[aprssig] Davis Weather Station on APRS

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 21:31:26 EST 2008

I have had WD for several years and used it with my RS Wireless station. It
was a bit confusing but that was due to it's sheer number of features and it
worked VERY well.

I like the idea of not having to have a dedicated PC for the weather station
but since I do run UI-View almost 24/7 I guess it does not matter, I can run
Weatherlink with the add-in on that computer. Since I do want to generate a
HTML page for my INTRAnet so I can see the weather from anywhere in the
home, not just my basement ham shack I would probably just get the standard
interface and use Weather Display.

My internet connection is a Verizon Broadband connection I have no cable or
DSL options, maybe someday when my community enters the 21st century and we
get some options for a big fat "pipe" to the house I'll start running my own
servers for the INTERnet again hosting my weather pages. My speeds leave a
bit to be desired since I have a really weak signal at the house, that is
AFTER adding a cellular repeater to get any signal inside. I am lucky to
have that much since no other provider other than HughesNet or WildBlue
would be an option and I do not have a clear view to the Southern sky. I
live in the middle of a pine tree farm, allready had to chop down some trees
just to get a somewhat acceptable signal for DishNetwork.

Rich