[aprssig] Macbook for radio ?

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun Jan 20 14:54:04 EST 2008

If you don't intend to use OS X, you might as well go get a Windows
laptop for half the price.

The big advantage for Mac OS X is as simple as most things for
Unix/Linux will build cleanly and you still get a great looking and
useful OS.  It also boots in about 15-30 seconds (to desktop),
compared to most Windows OSes which take 1-2 minutes.

My field laptop is a Macbook Pro purely because it's no-nonsense and
'just works' and I second Xastir.  It installs fine from
Macports.  We run our iGate on FreeBSD and FreeBSD is most of the
backend for OS X.

--Droo, K1XVM