[aprssig] APRS - discriminator direct on FT-2800M ?

Ron Tonneson ron.tonneson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 11:17:26 EST 2008

Geoff,

I think you want the modulator, not the discriminator.  The
discriminator is what extracts the audio from the received signal.

In looking at the schematic for the FT-2800 I see that there is an
inductor in series with each of the mic connector lines.  If you do not
have it here is the pinout:

1   SW2
2   SW1
3   +8 VOLT OUTPUT
4   GND
5   MIC INPUT
6   PTT

I would guess that it may be the coil in series with the +8 volt output
that is damaged.  If so you could just try putting a jumper across it.

Ron - K0QVF