[aprssig] Balloon WIDE1-1

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jan 17 15:20:49 EST 2008

WIDE2-1 was more than sufficient when I did my launch in the Mojave desert.

Also, with the changes made to the OpenTracker+ for use with the RTrak,
it possible to have it switch between two frequencies with different
transmit rates - for example, transmitting on a dedicated frequency
every 6 or 10 seconds, and on 144.39 every minute.  That way you can
still get your rapid updates direct without overwhelming the network,
and you also have the digipeaters as a backup if you lose direct contact.

Scott
N1VG