[aprssig] Balloon WIDE1-1

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:18:13 EST 2008

Yep,
WIDE2-2 is the recommended path for Balloons!
1) Causes no QRM to all the WIDE1-1 digis
2) Provides 2 hops when on the ground
3) Causes few double hops at altitude since WIDEn-N digis have
perfect dupe elimination.

It is amazing that something as simple as telling every Balloon
to use WIDE2-2, seems impossible to get through to them...

Bob, WB4APR

VE7GDH