[aprssig] Carry Ons

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 12:42:01 EST 2008

The systems use false colour to show subtle changes in density etc.
Some scanners can by using different X-Ray wavelengths even identify
some common chemical compositions.  Not sure why they'd want to know
that...  ;-)

There are also some RF/mm wave based whole person scanners on trial.
Not sure how they work, yet, but you have to stand still with your arms
out, while a frame (coil?) whizizes round you....

http://www.qinetiq.com/home/newsroom/news_releases_homepage/2004/3rd_qua
rter/Next_generation_security_screening.html

Or http://tinyurl.com/ytjqwo

may be one such system, there are also low intensity back-scatter X-Ray
systems about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3071573/  like that....

Take care people...

Cheers.