[aprssig] Google Maps on Cell Phones

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 00:48:44 EST 2008

--- "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Joel Maslak wrote:
>
> > Then transmit your beacons with position ambiguity turned
> > on (too bad position ambiguity is designed for squares corresponding
> > to fractional degrees of lat/long rather than a center point with an
> > "uncertainty" radius).

> --
> Curt, WE7U

    Uh...  Correct me if I'm wrong, but If this was the case, a moving tracker
would give away it's location simply by using the center of the circle.
Actually, so would a stationary one if it was truely given a circle shape.  And
besides, this is much more math.  Truncation of lat/lon is a trivial
"calculation".
   As it is, the truncated-fix ambiguity does this to a much lesser degree for
a moving tracker as the square jumps when crossing the lat/lon lines.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI