[aprssig] RE: 6m MS network Performance Monitoring!

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 10:55:15 EST 2008

> Today I brought my radio in, and might find time this evening to
> hook it up.
> So it is 50.63, right?  Hummh...  If that is what is used by
> Propnet, then I hope they will not see this as interference?

50.62...   The standard 6 meter packet frequency...

Why use packet when the other modes like WSJT and PSK31 are a zillion
times more efficient for this type operation?

We're going to get some legacy packet with propnet style beacons
running on 50.62 in the Seattle area.   The concept I've advocated for
years is to put this frequency to real use and then picking up the
openings would be a side benefit with no extra cost...  A little
different concept then the MS mode but any activity we can get going
on 6 will be a good thing.

73
Bill OA4/WA7NWP