[aprssig] 6m MS network Performance Monitoring!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 2 17:27:00 EST 2008

> I have revised my APRS MS web page to focus
> on this exciting new capability.

Wow, and I just added one more thought.  And that is that each
Igate can
Also be probing the 6m sky with its own periodic beacon packets.
Then, if any one of the other dozens of 6m Igates hears it, then
it is visibile back to the originating Igate in real time as
feedback.  The Igates themselves then can easily build their own
statistics on their own real-time success rate.

They can use this to fine-tune the optimum statistical transmit
rate to obntain the performance we desire! (97%) probablitiy of
delivery... PLUS real time performance data on the whole 6m MS
network!
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/meteors.html

Bob, WB4APR

One thing down the road we might need is for