[aprssig] 6m meteor Scatter project (radios&ants)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 2 14:09:15 EST 2008

Mike,

I have updated my Meteor Scatter web page:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/meteors.html

To focus entirely on setting up a USA Meteor Scatter Email
delivery system for emergency comms.  We simply add RX's to each
APRS Igate, and the rest of the infrastructure exists.  Done.

The new tidbit I came up with is how to cheaply get GAIN
antennas for these receivers.  And the answer is simply a 100
foot long wire. . Just 100 feet gives over 12 dBi of gain in a
fixed direction.  Just perfect for 6m MS!

So get that pallet of radios.  I'll kick in $$$ to make sure we
can get a whole lot of radios...

Bob, WB4APR