[aprssig] APRS Authors - New Symbols

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Feb 14 10:24:09 EST 2008

The \a symbol with a D overlay denotes a D-STAR repeater so a vehicle
would not be appropriate.

The \a symbol with a W overlay denotes a Winlink Packet node so a
keyboard would not be appropriate either.

Personally, I don't see a reason to go away from the \a symbols.
Especially considering the number of clients that will never be updated
with a new symbol set and the number of systems that would need to
change how they generate those symbols.  I understand the desire for
distinctive symbols but the logistics at this stage seem to me to be
prohibitive.  I think the cons outweigh the pros on this one, IMHO.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net