[aprssig] APRS Tracker Flyer

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 12 09:31:22 EST 2008

I have prepared a one-sheet "Tracker Flyer" that I am asking all
tracker device manufacturers to include in their packaging.

You can download it from the main APRS page, it is the first
link in the list:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html

The purpose of the flyer is to remind all operators that APRS is
all about communications between other operators in a network.
It encourages trackers to be used with Transceivers and the
frequency of the receiver and speaker to be included in the
beacon from that tracker.  We want to be able to communicate.

For trackers with transmitters only, the same encouragement
applies, to include a voice monitoring or calling frequency for
the owner/operator of that device.

The whole idea is that APRS is all about sharing information
among all APRS operators in the area concerning all that is
happening in ham radio around them and to make them participants
in this network community.  By encouraging everyone to include
their voice monitoring frequency in their beacons, we will have
a much better connected and responsive community.

APRS.  Its more than just vehicle tracking.  It's the ham radio
information channel.

Consider downloading the above file and sharing it with
everyone.

Bob WB4APR