[aprssig] PCSAT and my D700

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 11 19:51:35 EST 2008

> PCSAT-1 has fully recoverd and is available for normal
contacts
> on 145.825.  See the downlink on http://pcsat.aprs.org

I cant believe it, but I'm having a senior moment.  I'm using my
D700 for my PCSAT ground station with external TNC and it is
working fine.  This lets me keep the D700 in APRS mode and see
what the front panel displays on all pacikets.

Interestingly enough, I get "CALL ??" flashed And a "bonk" on
all packets (substitue actuall call for the sending station) .
Normally you get this when the packet decoded is not a
recognizable APRS format and the radio does not know what to do
with it.  But I have looked  at every packet, and my aprs
software is decoding them all.  Also they all look OK.  But for
some reason the D700 is rejecting them.

Yes, I have RANGE LIMIT set to OFF.
UNPROTO is the default APK001.

Are othere people seeing good decodes on their D700's?

I cant think of anything else that would prevent display.  I
cant believe I am overlooking something...

Bob, WB4APR