[aprssig] PCSAT-1 Full operations and SSET

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 11 18:13:56 EST 2008

PCSAT-1 has fully recoverd and is available for normal contacts
on 145.825.  See the downlink on http://pcsat.aprs.org

And we encourage everyone with a D7 or D700 (or other packet
station) to go out and send yourself an Email via any of the
birds, PCSAT-1, ARISS, GO-32, or even ECHO.  (though we may not
have enough IGates always monitiring the GO-32 or ECHO
downlinks).

By participating in this Satellite Simulated Emergency Test, you
are not only showing our AMSAT interest in supporting EMCON, but
you are also refreshing your skills at being able to use just a
simple ARPS radio to get an emergency message out of anywhere at
any time (when one of these satellites comes over).

See: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/sset.html

PCSAT is crashing more frequently back to W3ADO-1, so we are
just going to leave it with that callsign.  If the generic
digipeater path "VIA ARISS" does not work then just digipeat via
W3ADO-1.

The callsign PCSAT-11 is only on the 144.39 downlink over the
USA.  So if you see it in yoru mobile, QSY to 145.825, change y
our path to VIA W3ADO-1 and see if you can get in.

Bob, WB4APR