[aprssig] New Truck/Setup Ford Expedition GPS and InstallQuestions- Nuvi

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Feb 4 14:15:07 EST 2008

Brian Webster wrote:
> I'm going to get one without a doubt. I had really wanted one anyway but
> hesitated for lack of usefulness with APRS. Recent developments have changed
> that obviously. Now I'm just trying to decide if I want Bluetooth for my
> phone with this or not.
>

> Thank You,
> Brian N2KGC
>

> -

Note that the feature set in the 25 differing Garmin "Nuvi" models is
bewilderingly complex.

They don't just add features as you move the model number sequence.
They add/drop various features such as Bluetooth cellphone interface,
MSN data, TMC traffic monitoring, MP3 playback, internal vs external
antennas, support for the "Fleet Management" serial I/O, wide vs
conventional aspect screens, etc in a seemly random manner as you move
up the model number chain.

Go to:

     <https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134>

check a few models and then hit the  COMPARE button.   Differences
between the models in the feature grid are rows highlighted in brown.
then check the models that support the "Fleet Management" serial
interface at:

     <http://www8.garmin.com/solutions/pnd/supportedproducts.jsp>

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com