[aprssig] New Truck/Setup Ford Expedition GPS and InstallQuestions - Nuvi

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Feb 4 12:24:24 EST 2008

> 	With the Nuvi in the fleet mode talking to the OT2 does the Garmin still
> function as a regular Navigation/mapping GPS with routing tools and such?

Yes.  The only real difference is that the top item in the main menu
changes to 'Dispatch' and whatever was there before ('locations?') moves
down one level.

FMI can also manage lists of stops/destinations, but I haven't found any
practical APRS use for that yet.

> Just wondering if it is a one or the other operation. I was also wondering
> if you can get the mapping display to show polygons like warning areas or
> NWS polygons on the map. Not that it's a big deal but that would really put

Not as far as I can tell, but then it's not even supposed to do
waypoints according to the documentation.  I wonder if I can get the TMC
interface spec out of Garmin and see if there's anything usable there.

Scott
N1VG