[aprssig] Nuvi messaging

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 2 01:47:24 EST 2008

> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 20:41:59 -0800
> From: scott at opentrac.org
> To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Nuvi messaging
>
> {snip}
>
> I could also go with 'To' for the header, but there's too much potential
> to get confused with the contents of a reply message.  And I really want
> to make reply-to-last the default behavior - it'll speed up QSOs and
> reduce errors.

Hi Scott,

Isn't there a race condition here?  By the time you enter your reply text, there's a fair chance that another message could have been received, so your reply could go to the wrong person.

Do you capture who the reply is for (right when the reply is started), and display it so that the operator would know where it's going?

Just checking...

Greg  KO6TH