[aprssig] Kenwood TM-271A and KPC 3+

Pentti Gronlund pentti.gronlund at tut.fi
Fri Feb 1 13:44:40 EST 2008

Richard Sharp, KQ4KX writes:

> One minor note regarding using the internal packet connections.  When
> connecting the receive audio wire there are two choices.  One is a dedicated
> "1200 baud only" line (PR1) the other is a common "9600 or 1200 baud"
> receive line (PR9).  The issue I've found when using the PR1 pin is that if
> the volume knob is turned all the way counter clockwise (lowest volume) it
> mutes the fixed level audio on the PR1 pin.  The PR9 pin does not exhibit
> this behavior.

I suppose PR1 comes after the de-emphasis circuit, your setup works
better that way if you are receiving most traffic from radios that
feed the transmit audio to the mic line or to the 1200 bps packet
connector, with pre-emphasis.

If your customers are mostly D7/D700/D710's, i.e.without pre-emphasis,
or 9600 bps, your best bet is PR9.

Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!