[aprssig] APRS and Garmin Nuvi

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 00:44:37 EST 2008

Wow, I wonder if this would work on the other Garmin USB-based GPS's?  I see it's not listed for their service, but I have a eTrek Vista HCx in the mail, due for delivery tomorrow.  I figured I would have to keep using my GPS-III (with the display going out), or pick up a simple serial GPS module and put it in a plastic box, for attachment to my Kenwood D7.  Instead, maybe this?

Does the cable have a standard mini-USB end on it (the small kind), or is it something special?  If standard, then they must be emulating a USB host in there, because there aren't any extra pins on the connector to do anything other than USB.

Greg  KO6TH