[aprssig] Objects vs real stations

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 14:59:04 EST 2008

Bob Bruninga wrote:
>>> a) Every ham should set his ARRL email address
>>>
>> Isn't that only available to ARRL members?
>>

> Yes, I assumed that any active amateur radio operator would be a member of the National Organization for Amateur Radio,  (the ARRL).  In todays society of competing interest for the electromagnetic spectrum, it seems to me to be only in the best interest of each one of us to support our national organization to maintain our access to RF.
>
> Bob, WB4APR

I'm a life ARRL member, but have never used the ARRL email forwarder
since the ARRL seems to do nothing to secure their servers against
against spammers and malware pushers.    They have failed to close open
relays on their server for years, and seen to do no spam filtering at
all on traffic arriving at their server.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps