[aprssig] Xastir: Where did the maps go?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:29:25 EST 2008

Hi folks,

We just returned from a week's vacation to the Pacific Northwest.  XASTIR is always running on our home "server", but when we got back, it had terminated.  Odd, but not unheard of...

So I restarted it, and it immediately started putting stuff on the screen as it came in from the radio, but there's no background map!  Just a gray screen with the lat/lon lines on it.  It's been a while since I configured it, and I kind of bumbled my way through that process, so I'm not sure exactly where to look.  I believe I was using the on-line tiger maps, if that makes sense.

Under the Map menu, I see "Map Chooser", but the table is empty.  I tried the "Re-download Maps (not from cache)" item under Map->Configure, but nothing seems to happen.  I tried "Enable Auto Map" (sounds promising, but what is that?), but no change.  My internet connection is up.

Where'd the maps go?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH