[aprssig] Another Bootlegger Using APRS As a Commercial AVL System ???

wb4trz at juno.com wb4trz at juno.com
Mon Dec 29 22:19:41 EST 2008

I really think that there is not much chance that some one is is using APRS (ham) for tracking in this day and time.  There is much better and more reliable options available for vehicle tracking.  I have been using the SPOT tracker since May.  It has worked well for me world wide.  APRS is pretty much non-existent outside of cities.  Unless some trucking is strictly a local outfit, I would think they would want to track across the country.  If they can't afford $150 a year for tracking they won't be commercial for long anyway. Now a project maybe to take my SPOT position and get it over to APRS-IS but that's above me.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0oTemTUbPTIpNGr4JqiO89G5rzPH9FNK2
Roger