[aprssig] Strange Goings-on With WXSVR -- What's Happening??

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 20:44:09 EST 2008

I took my APRS UIview websever down for about 12 hours yesterday to do
some major patching and updating of the OS and drivers.  When I
restarted it about 1:00 AM Pacific time and reconnected to
second.aprs.net:14580  ,    no WXSVR data for the NWS overlays on my US
map at:

     <http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439>

seemed to be coming from the server.  However, a continuous flow of
stuff apparently gated by "WXSVR-AU" which appeared to refer to places
in Australia WAS showing up in my raw data stream.      I had made no
changes in my filter port settings; i.e. was still using the *t/n*
filter port switch.

Is someone testing a future work-alike to the NWS overlays for
Australia?

Some hours later, the usual US feed of WXSVR data for the US shape file
overlays resumed.

What's going on ???

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com