[aprssig] KPC-3+ KISS mode delayed packet issue?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Dec 19 12:57:11 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:39:35PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wes at ai4px.com> flavor, containing:
> I seem to recall something about delayed packets too.. but I think it was
> with TNCx.  The tnc would not push out the packet until it recieved a <cr>
> or <lf>.  Yes, I know that kiss frames are bounded by $C0, but I'm trying
> desperately to remember this problem.  Maybe it was a KPC3.  Hopefully what
> I've said will jog your memory too.

It didn't jog my memory and doesn't seem to be the issue I'm having, but I
called home and had the YL do a power-cycle on the TNC and the problem went
away --- my digipeats are now all of the time-stamped packets that are going
out *now*, instead of the time-stamped packet from 5-10 minutes
ago.  So the problem was at my station and power cycling the TNC did clear it
up, at least for now. But it took me a long time to notice the issue, and I'd
like to avoid it in the future.

[...]

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation