[aprssig] OT: Image Maps versus Individual files WAS 16x16 icon set on transparent background?

Ben Jackson bbj at innismir.net
Thu Dec 18 17:16:14 EST 2008

Gerhard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:23 PM, J.C. Wren <jcwren at jcwren.com> wrote:
>> "faster" is a relative thing.  Considering this is a Java application on an
>> Android G1 mobile phone, and image maps are not supported within the
>> application, it's not faster at all.
>>
>> And even if image maps were supported, treating the individual icons as
>> resources is the faster (and correct way) to implement them.
>
> It isn't.
> http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html

I smell Holy War!

Gotta side with J.C. here. The only programs I have ever seen do this
are the various APRS programs. Most programs developed nowadays use
individual files or files loaded into a resource archive, rather then
imagemaps. I don't think this is a common solution anymore.

				~Ben

--
Ben Jackson - N1WBV - New Bedford, MA
bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/