[aprssig] aprs on blackberry?

Matthew Asham/BCWNS matthewa at bcwireless.net
Tue Dec 9 03:11:51 EST 2008

APRS messaging would be really nice, but I have some concerns over how various carriers go about restricting TCP access over their
networks.  I can easily write a proxy application for web access through our VA7BCW gateway but this wouldn't compare to a direct
APRS-IS connection.

Hacking up an app to post current position and polling messages shouldn't be that difficult (in terms of time considerations) but I
have to seriousley ask why maprs and javAPRSME are no longer readily available (and if they are, I appologize for being myopic about
it).  It seems that a cellular aprs implementation is a natural evolution of APRS and I'm really surprised why it's not already
implemented.

Matthew