[aprssig] Another poison packet???

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 04:20:35 EST 2008

I've seen similar things happen if someone tries running a packet node
(I think) on the APRS channel.

Scrambled callsign's in the TNC's MH list, barkingly mad packets on a
terminal screen if you have monitor running (like if you open a zip file
in Notepad) and no way to track down the culprit AFIK.

I've had to cold reset the TNC once so far, other times just doing a MHC
fixed it.   Thankfully, UiView seems robust enough to ignore it.
(Thanks Roger)

The only reason I suspect it's a spurious packet node, is because
someone else local to me had the same problem years ago, when he ran a
node, and APRS, but got the channels "crossed" one time.   (The callsign
often shows as "N", & is classed by the TNC as a "Node")

Regards...

Dave G0WBX.