[aprssig] serial to Bluetooth adapter recommendations

Mark Conner mconner at aer.com
Tue Dec 2 12:48:22 EST 2008

I am looking for a serial to Bluetooth adapter so I can interface my Garmin Street Pilot III to my smartphone while in the car.  The Garmin's primary use is for APRS, but I'd also like to have the data piped to the smartphone too.  Modules are fine, but complete units are OK as long as they can be powered externally by 5 or 13.8 volts (I don't need a fully-portable solution).  Cheap is always good.  Any recommendations from others who might have done this already?

My phone already has a GPS in it, but Verizon has locked it in firmware to only their VZ Navigator service.  However, it will take Bluetooth serial GPS data from an external source.

73 de Mark N9XTN