[aprssig] Radiometrix APRS module

Andy McMullin Andy at rickham.net
Mon Aug 25 13:00:28 EDT 2008

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 06:59:07AM +1000, Jack Chomley wrote:
>>
>> Not sure if  anyone has seen these....
>>  http://www.sarl.org.za/public/_news/AutoArticle.asp?ArtNo=12
>
> Ah,  SARL has on sale a 144.800 MHz version of
> the Radiometrix's VCXO based NBFM transmitter.
>
> It has custom ("non standard") oscillator frequency, thus one
> must order at least a minimum quantity of N units.
> (I don't see at Radiometrix web, what the N would be.)
>
> Nothing new in itself, just that somebody has made the effort,
> and ordered this custom frequency, and is selling it for hams
> in South Africa.

What custom ("non standard") frequency are you on about? 144.800 MHz
is the correct frequency for APRS world-wide. It's only the USA that
uses a custom (non-standard) one!

Sometimes it gets really frustrating that Americans can be so
parochial -- always thinking that their view/regulations/frequency/
digipeating is the only one that's right. Someone has gone to the
effort to organise a self-contained device, on the right frequency for
people outside the USA, and you seem to be detracting from it and
their efforts. Good on them!

--
Regards
Andy, G8TQH