[aprssig] APRS/CE

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 22 17:13:50 EDT 2008

Hi,
     I have sent 2 messages to the writer of APRS/CE and 1 to this List but
I haven't had a reply.

Is APRS/CE going to be carried on as stated ?

TAPR Redirect, et al
Sunday, February 10, 2008
We've had TAPR redirect the APRS/CE links here - hopefully we can keep this
site a little more up-to-date. Since last year, we've taken on two projects
and they're keeping us extremely busy. We're hoping to wrap up both of them
by June and will be able to direct more energy at updating APRS/CE and the
map editor. We do apologize for the delay on everything. If we pick up some
spare time (weekend, perhaps), we'd like to release a beta MapEd and a beta
APRS/CE with some bugfixes (Bluetooth, etc.) Send us feedback anytime at:
rob
  iwhereto.com

June has gone and still no word..
There are many with older PDAs that can run APRS/CE and now that many PDAs
can't be updated to WM5 these are turning up on auction sites very cheap
infact a complete PDA with GPS under $120 NZ. I have several very interested
in using them but the software Reg of $ 40-00 US and no updates have held
these users back..

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE