[aprssig] OpenAPRS WEB page

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Wed Aug 20 15:54:41 EDT 2008

I'm not sure why that flag would apply to a packet that for some reason has
-already- been gated to the APRS-IS network.  OpenAPRS isn't a gate or an
APRS-IS server it's simply reading the feed from one of the tier 1 servers.
If for some reason the packet as in this case was gated already why would we
choose to ignore it and simply refuse to parse it or display it?

I would lean towards showing the packet since part of the usefulness of
sites like OpenAPRS and findu is to be able to debug your transmissions.  I
can see where you might want to know that your packet was getting gated when
it wasn't supposed to onto the APRS-IS network and track down the gate that
is ignoring it.

Greg

NV6G
OpenAPRS.Net