[aprssig] Google therefore Findu down

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Wed Aug 20 15:48:07 EDT 2008

on 8/20/2008 14:43 Steve Noskowicz said the following:
> Does this tell me that the Google map that I see on Findu comes directly from Google and not "through" Steve's Software?
> How do I interpret this symptom?

Findu just returns the HTML "web page" but all the images and other non-text
objects on it are loaded directly by your browser. Some fancy javascript on
the page tells your browser to load the google map image block and populate
it with the appropriate icons, etc.

-Lance KJ5O
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.