[aprssig] New APRS Baby-on-board symbol ?

James - KB7TBT kb7tbt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:34:22 EDT 2008

In some situations no it is not just cute. But for the majority of time when
the symbol is displayed it is strictly to let people have some fun (remember
that word?) with APRS and that way can be "cute". I think it is cute. If the
system can handle it with no effort, what the hell, go for it. have some
FUN.

Another thought.
Joe and Jane HAM have a baby, his or her icon suddenly changes to a baby on
board symbol. I would then send a card in congratulations.
We always get reports of new baby hams in our hobby, what's so bad about
this?

As hams we all do a great job when the time calls for it.
Hams have stepped up countless times, but all work and no play makes a
grouchy ham..

James
KB7TBT
NEGARC Activities Manager